Pavilion

The Wild Cattle Visitor Pavilion was constructed in 2021/22 and opened to visitors in the spring of 2022. It is constructed almost entirely of timber using local craftsmen.

It occupies the site of an open sided building, known as the Bandstand, that was thought to have been constructed c1870. By chance, a postcard came to light dated 1900, depicting the original building. This was used to inform the design of the current Visitor Pavilion. The original Bandstand had been replaced, possibly in the 1970s, by a more modern timber building with a tin roof which had rotted.

The new Pavilion provides a delightful space for visitors and staff alike. It offers light refreshments as well as an eclectic range of gifts and souvenirs and audio visual facilities. Many of the surrounding trees were blown down by Storm Arwen, which occurred during the construction. Whilst devastating at the time, the positive result is that the Pavilion now sits in a sun trap and is a lovely place to sit with a coffee, picnic or for quiet contemplation.

The Pavilion allows the CWCA to host educational visits as well as out-of-hours visits and functions.